Complaint policy

We always endeavour to provide the best possible service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.

So we can correct any problems as efficiently as possible, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.

As soon as the product is presented to you please let us know if there is anything, that should be put to our attention. We manufacture our products to the highest standards and we would like to know if there is still something we can improve on. We accept written complaints about the quality of our products before installation begins. After installation is complete we would be unable to make any changes to our products.

We recognised that in rare occasions, there can be some installation faults due to human error and for that reason we can accept written complaints in time scale of 30 calendar days from the day of receiving the product. Due to a strict procedure of keeping a full track record of correspondence between our self and our customers we are unable to accept any complaints made verbally or over the phone.

As soon as the installation of products stated in the quotation are completed, we ask to immediately inspect our work carefully and throughout to make sure our work has been carried out in line with our usual high standards. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us in writing in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.

You can email your complaint at

Or write to us at:

Hinson Custom Made Timber Products

Unit 2 Spinney Lodge Farm

Forest Road

Hanslope, Milton Keynes

MK19 7DE

Complaints procedure

We take complaints about our work, staff and levels of service very seriously. If you are not satisfied, please follow the process for raising a formal complaint.


-What complaints we can and can not deal with

- Complaints about Hinson Custom Made Timber Products

- Information we need from you

- How to make formal a complaint

- Time scales

- What happens next

- What to do if you’re not satisfied

What complaints we can and can not deal with

We can only handle complaints about the a product manufactured and installed by Hinson Custom Made Timber Products, or staff and level of service provided by Hinson Custom Made Timber Products.

We can not deal with:

- Complaints about movements of timber (Expanding or shrinking due to weather conditions)

- Complaints about ironmongery (material from which ironmongery has been made)

- Curvature of the glass units (due to our suppliers glazed unit manufacturing process)

Complaints about Hinson Custom Made Timber Products

If you need to discuss a complaint, you can email us at , where we will try to resolve the issue if we can.

If you prefer to put your complaint in writing, we suggest you write to the person who handled your order. If you’re still not satisfied, ask for your complaint to be escalated to their team leader or line manager.

What information we will need from you

We will need:

- a clear, detailed description of what your complaint is about

- copies of any emails, letters and photographic evidence related to the complaint

- a correspondence case reference number, if you have it

- your email address or postal address (so we can reply)

How to make a formal complaint

You can make a formal complaint by post or email. You will need to put all your

concerns in writing in time scale provided in separate content.

Write to:

Hinson Custom Made Timber Product

Unit 2

Spinney Lodge Farm

Forrest Road


MK19 7DE

Milton Keynes

Or email us at:

Please note it is highly requested to place detailed complaints in writing, to ensure your concerns are comprehensively covered.

Time scales

To provide the complaint:

- Complaint about manufacturing issues – 30 calendar days

- Complaint about installation service – 30 calendar days

- Complaint about our staff – 14 calendar days

- Complaint about level of our services – 14 calendar days

- For anything else – 14 calendar days

- Complaint related to security issues due to faulty product – 24 hours.

We request access to the property to inspect the product and deal with security issues as soon as it is possible but not later than 7 calendar days. Failing to do so would resulted in decline to accept your complaint.

To receive reply from us:

In most of cases we aim to respond in time scale of 14 working days. However, in situations where it is necessary to seek legal advice we reserve the right to extend this time scale from 14 working days up to 60 calendar days in a non emergency. (in most of the cases where we require legal advice we aim to handle your response between 21-30 working days).

What happens next

When you have made your complaint, we will:

- send an email or letter to let you know that we have received your complaint

- where the complaint is related to a product or installation, we will request access to the property to investigate our product in line with your complaint. We reserve the right to see our product in 7 calendar days otherwise your complaint will be unsuccessful.

- investigate your complaint, looking at all files and evidence provided to us and all files and evidence stored by us. We only aim to investigate the facts, files, photo documentation, emails, that you have requested, the item you have been quoted for and what you have received. We will look into our professionalism and our usual high standard of manufacturing and installation process.

- We will ask additional questions if there will be any.

- We will look at whether you suffered any injustice or hardship due to our service, and what remedy would be fair and proportionate in the circumstances.

- We will respond in line with our time scale provided in separate content.

What to do if you are not satisfied

Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use a Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for a dispute resolution.

In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so, please contact Which? Trusted Traders on 0333 241 3209.